Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Yoga Tonight

I decided to go to yoga tonight to unwind after a busy day. I usually don't take the time to enjoy the few minutes of relaxation and visualization at the end. Well, I did tonight and I was brought to tears. I wasn't sobbing or anything, but tears were just rolling down my cheeks as I lay there on my back. Reminiscent crying you could call it.

I went back to when our family lived in the mountains and we had Josh, the dog. We would go on our nightly hike to the gorgeous Todd Park a few miles down the road. We would cut through the overgrown weeds to the river and skip stones. Rich even mastered skipping with Nolan in the baby bjorn. Rich would always hit the rock sticking out of the water about 20 feet away. I hit it once!! And, Josh would wade knee high in the water, his nose taking in the clean mountain breeze. I pictured Josh running around in the tall grassy field, just enjoying life.

It was just such a great time in my life. So happy. Nolan was still a baby, and always content outside. If he was screaming inside and I stepped outside, he was immediately calm. I wonder if it's because I walked a mile everyday when I was pregnant. He was comforted by the silence of the mountains and the birds chirping, perhaps?

I am so thankful for those memories. I know we have many more to make :)

No comments: