Friday, December 4, 2009

New Chapter

On Monday, Rich found out he had two more weeks of work. The Holder Brother's are downsizing. They told him the only way their company could possibly survive in this economic downtime is to take on everything themselves. Rich and I were both shocked. We moved here for this job. We've been in Monroe for 14 months and I was just beginning to feel like I had my footing here. It feels like the wind has knocked me off my feet. Four weeks before Christmas, two days before my 26th birthday. Just an outright shock--no warning signs.

Although I feel like everything I have grown to know will disappear in 15 short days, I can only imagine what will be in store for us in the coming months and years. We don't have a lot of money, but we have our health and each other. This is what truly matters.

1 comment:

squarecandice said...

Keep your head up. I know that you guys are strong and you have an amazing family network. So many people thinking of you all the time...so much love to be thankful for.
<3