Friday, July 3, 2009

Venture into Sewing

Ever since Sewing 101 in high school I've always wanted to do more with it. My grandmother gave me an old Singer for Christmas a few years ago. I never took the time to learn to use it. I can't even remember how to thread the bobbin (I think that's what it's called!)

Rich has been encouraging me to look for sewing classes and tonight is the first time I've actually done it! I found one that meets once a week for a month, 2 1/2 hour long meetings. It's called The Sewing Institue and it's one Lady who hosts classes at the Hobby Lobby in Conyers. I'm not exactly sure how far that is from here, but I don't think it's more than hour. The classes are reasonably priced, so I've decided to take the classes in August or September. I'm so excited!!

I want to be able to make accessories as well as clothing. I'm hoping that eventually I will be able to sell things on www.etsy.com . Anyway, I'm super excited about it!

No comments: