Saturday, July 25, 2009

Rich's 35th Birthday


We spent Rich's 35th Birthday in the NC mountains! Our family along with Rich's parents, his sister, her fiance and my mom were all there. It was so great to spend time with family. Rich got a Kelty backpack that holds Nolan. He was eager to try it out so we took a hike on the Boone Fork Trail off the Blue Ridge Parkway. After we had hiked a mile or so we walked down the creek and let Nolan play! Aaron and Rich skipped stones while Nolan threw rocks and played in the water.

Saturday morning Dick and I went on a bike ride along the New River on Railroad Grade Road. I wish I had pictures! It is one of my favorite rides and one of the prettiest I have been on.

For dinner we had delicious steak kabobs, roasted potatoes and corn right out of my parents neighbor's garden. Everything was delicious. Our friend John joined us for dinner, it was great to see him. We ended the night by playing Apples to Apples--it is a hilarious game that I suggest trying with your friends!

All in all it was a great weekend with family. I hope we can do it again this fall or sometime next year.

1 comment:

clare adams said...

happy birthday rich! great pics too...we miss you all! hope you are doing great!
clare