Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Birthday




Today is my birthday! I'm 25. Wow! I do feel different. Most birthdays nothing seems to change, but for some reason 25 feels monumental. A quarter of a century, halfway to 50 years old. Five years from 30. I feel like I need to make a list of things I want to accomplish. I think I will.

The day has been good. I got tons of phone calls from family and my closest friends. Rich, Nolan and I just got back from Olive Garden. It was very good! I got the mixed grill--steak and chicken with squash, zucchini, red & green peppers--sooooo delicious. I had a Syrah to drink, Rich picked it out for me, I loved it. Over the weekend Rich made me a birthday cookie. It was my favorite with m&m's and chocolate chips. It was the perfect cookie, crunchy on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside!
Something else picture worthy happened on Sunday--Nolan "colored" his first picture! We gave him some crayons and let him go at it! It was neat watching him drag the crayons across the paper, not really understanding the cause and affect of it all. I of course drew the "Nolan's first drawing" but he did most of what is to the right there. It was fun, I'm sure there will only be more to come!

1 comment:

Sharon Wilson said...

Nolan's first drawing--what a wonderful idea! Maybe you can get it framed and put it in his room. I think he may have some of his Mom and Dad's artistic abilities. I'm glad you had a good birthday. I enjoyed keeping Nolan so much. I love you all.