Thursday, January 15, 2009

Nolan's One Year Old!

Yesterday was Nolan's 1st birthday!  It's so hard to believe he's one year old--no longer a baby!  Now, I'm the mom of a toddler.  Since he's having a birthday party on Saturday, the three of us had a quiet celebration yesterday.  It started with Nolan and I going to Target to let him "pick out" his birthday present.  He really liked a large bag of giant lego blocks!  He just hit the bag over and over and grinned.  When I tried to set the blocks in the shopping cart he started crying, so I had to sit the blocks next to him in the cart seat--this made him happy.  When we got home I would build a tower and he would knock it over and tear it apart.  It was pretty fun.  

When Rich got home we celebrated with cupcakes.  Rich turned off the lights and lit one candle on the vanilla cupcake.  Nolan's eyes got really big and he reached out for the candle.  We sang happy birthday and Rich told Nolan to "make a wish" and he blew out the candle.  When Nolan had the cupcake on his high chair, he dipped one finger into the frosting and slowly put it in his mouth.  His eyes got big again and he picked up the whole thing and shoved it in his mouth.  He separated the icing and the cake into his right and left hands, respectively.  He ate the whole thing. 

Today was good.  Nolan loves balls--tennis ball, soccer balls, play balls.  Anything round that rolls.  He just chases after them and laughs.  It's so cute.

I'll update again after his birthday party.  My parents and sister are coming down.  I'm so excited.  I miss them so much!

1 comment:

clare adams said...

kathryn...nolan is just sooo sweet and so cute!! i wish for u your family was closer...so hard to be away!